The General Assembly of the members constitutes the supreme body of the Greek Federation of Spirits Producers, comprises the legal representatives of the legal entities that are Regular Members of the Federation and convenes both on an ordinary and extra-ordinary basis once a year and whenever deemed necessary by the Board of Directors respectively, otherwise whenever at least 1/4 of the fully paid-up members request in writing that it convene, identifying the issues of the agenda to be discussed by the assembly at the same time.
Each representative of a Regular Member has the right to one (1) vote.
The Extra-ordinary and Honorary Members are invited to and participate in the General Assembly, without however any right to vote.
The General Assembly’s responsibilities consist in the supervision and audit of the Management Bodies. In particular:
- Supervision and audit of the Management Bodies.
- Election of the Board of Directors’ members and the Auditors.
- Approval of the annual balance sheet, the Board of Directors’ reports and the Auditors’ annual report.
- Approval of the annual budget (income and expenses).
- Revocation of the Board of Directors’ members and the Auditors.
- Approval of a member’s admission or expulsion.
- Amendment to provisions of the Federation’s Statute.
- Decision-making process regarding the voluntary winding-up of the Federation, its placement under liquidation and the administration of its net assets pursuant to the law upon completion of the liquidation process.
- Nomination of the Federation’s Honorary Members.