The mission of the Greek Federation of Spirits Producers is set forth below:
- Assisting and developing the production and marketing of Greek products, such as Ouzo, spirits and alcoholic beverages, by means of research and technological advancement, committed to achieving the highest quality among the industry’s products.
- Safeguarding and fostering the industry’s interests in terms of its interaction with the Greek State, the European Union and international organizations, as well as representing the interests of the Federation, not to mention its members both in Greece and throughout the globe, before any organization, court or competent public authority.
- Shielding and securing the institution of free competition in the true spirit of the Treaty of Rome, not only in the domestic market, but also abroad, along with upholding fair competition in terms of trade practices.
- Promoting the industry's products, both in the domestic and foreign markets, by means of devising and monitoring a national policy on spirits.
- Safeguarding the conditions applying to national products before Greek and EU authorities, as well as authorities in GATT member states.
- Collaborating with EU and international organizations engaging in activity in the field of spirit drinks and other relevant sectors, ultimately aiming at fostering the interests of Greek products.
- Negotiating and concluding agreements with any professional workers’ union representing workers employed by companies in the industry, relevant sectoral collective labor agreements covering any salaried personnel whatsoever, regardless of whether they are employed as part of primary or secondary projects of the affected employers or the scope of their work is covered by general national collective labor agreements, as well as representing the Federation before all the competent bodies and authorities laid down in the applicable legislation in each case regarding collective negotiations.
- Co-operating and fostering relations with Greek organizations, be they public or private, in the spirits industry and other relative or supplementary fields or professions, as well as promoting and undertaking joint actions for the purpose of achieving common goals and fostering interests in the spirits industry and other relative or supplementary fields.